Waking up in the morning with purpose gives your day a P. Diddy-esque vibe that pushes the adrenaline to coarse through your veins just a millisecond faster. Think of Frapposhino as your tour guide on that coarsing boat. With pinkies raised in the air, join Frapposhino in a small movement to live everyday life in an unusually luxurious way. Start with the following steps:
- Turn that frown upside down. There is much truth to the old saying - "laughter is the best medicine." Science has proven that even if you're not feeling so perky, just the physical motion of smiling can help to improve your mood. What have you got to lose, grumpy gills.
- Light a new match in a smoldering fire. We are all guilty of walking around with a little less energy than we could. We may feel discouraged by small losses in life, whether they've happened at work, school, etc. I once had the pleasure of attending a lecture by Hill Harper lecture, and he said something that resonated with me: "taking the time every morning to think about what you're grateful for is an empowering way to start the day." Take just a few moments to count your blessings, and regain energy to challenge the day.
- Cuddle with your cat just a few seconds longer in the morning. You'll quickly learn about my partiality to cats, but my underlying tone is to cultivate meaningful relationships. Whether that be with family, with God, with close friends - be sure to take time to appreciate those in your life that love and care for you deeply. This study, cited in Time Magazine, said that the happiest 10 percent of people were distinguished by the strength of their social relationships.
- Find your happy place. I wish I could take up reading as a full-time career. When I engage myself in a book, it's an alternate reality that I can throw myself into for a period of time that is always guaranteed to relax me. Take up your own cathartic exercise/hobby that you can turn to in times of good or bad.
- Remember that you're only human. If you're anything like me, you tend to be hard on yourself when things in your life don't necessarily pan out the way you expected them to - or if they don't pan out at all. But, take a minute to step back, learn from your mistakes, and view your decisions from a much larger perspective. You may begin to view these mishaps as insignificantly as you would a small, pixellated dot on a large TV screen.
Piece together the bright spots in your everyday existence, and you will see that things are not so ordinary. Each one of us has an extraordinary abundance to be thankful for, and Frapposhino will be working overtime to inject those inspirational reminders in your bloodstream.
I may or may not be indulging in Gossip Girl on Netflix, so I have every desire to sign off in this manner -
p.s. I hope to start posting every Sunday, so stay tuned! ;)