Thinking about this made me reflect on myself, and I decided to have a 'man in the mirror' moment. I often let the excuse of a packed schedule overrule my aspirations, and I tell myself that I'll have time to accomplish them later. At the risk of sounding like an Everest commercial, I say: the time is now! With minimal obligations & considerable opportunities, now is an ideal time to kickstart our dreams.
In an effort to officially sanction a more action-oriented, and dream-fulfilling, life, I have written a list composed of 25 (or more) things that I want to accomplish by the age of 25. *side note: right now, I am 21.*
- Go parasailing.
- Go zip lining.
- Visit at least 3 new international destinations.
- Visit at least 5 new national destinations.
- Get my first apartment.
- Get a full-time job.
- Host a dinner or cocktail party.
- Read at least 10 books of "classic literature".
- Take a solo vacation.
- Do a photo shoot in Central Park.
- Get Pilates certified.
- Fly first-class.
- Go snorkeling.
- Go on a cruise.
- Take a cooking class.
- Participate in a run or marathon.
- Write a letter to 5 different loved ones.
- Do karaoke.
- Learn to change a tire.
- Get a professional massage.
- Get a second credit card (one that gives reward points).
- Attend a wine tasting.
- Master cooking 3 signature dishes (chicken parmesan, lasagna, ____).
- Splurge on a piece of furniture.
- Run for a leadership position in a professional organization.
- Volunteer at a domestic violence shelter.
- Do pro bono freelance PR for a non-work related client.
- Buy stock in a company.
I couldn't stick to just 25! And in all honesty, I'll probably continue to add to it :) but, I'm all too happy that I finally started it. Verbalizing goals to outside parties automatically holds you more accountable, so I'm ecstatic to have taken the first step.
Do you have a time-defined bucket list (of sorts)? I'd love to hear about it! Contact me.
Until the next, Fraps -